Breezy Hill was used as a Confederate observation point in addition to Winstead Hill, which is owned by the City. The Carter House and family cotton gin was the site of heavy combat in the Battle of Franklin. Alpheus Truett House was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1988 for its architecture and military history. The frame, Greek Revival-style house was a temporary headquarters for Maj. Gen. Schofield prior to its move to Fort Granger. Schofield observed Confederate troop movements from the second story porch. McPhail-Cliffe Office is a contributing resource in the Franklin National Register Historic District, listed in 1972. It served as Maj. Gen. Schofield’s first headquarters for the battle which eventually moved to Fort Granger. Eastern Flank Battlefield was either wooded or under agricultural cultivation when Confederate troops advanced across it during the Battle of Franklin. In later years it was the home of a country club but is now rehabilitated as a battlefield park. Roper’s Knob Fortifications were listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2000 as part of the Civil War Historic and Historic Archaeological Resources in Tennessee Multiple Property Submission. Built in 1863 this signal station built by U.S. forces is now largely an archaeological site, containing remains of a redoubt, blockhouse, entrenchment and abatis. 23
RkJQdWJsaXNoZXIy NTY1Mzc2